SALARY: very attractive + company bonus and relocation assistance
Our client is one of the largest, most successful public companies worldwide. With 55,000 employees in 170 countries, this company offers a wide range of financial products, solutions and advisory services. Major international surveys consistently rank our client among the “Top 10 Big Companies to Work For”.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated and skilled solution designer to join its Enterprise Data Architecture and Analytics (EDAA) organization.
You will support a large program in creating an Enterprise-wide Data Lake based on Big data technologies. In this role you will be accountable for the overall Solution Design, ensuring scalable and reliable IT Architecture.
- Perform requirements engineering ahead of project initiation by identifying appropriate solution architecture and evaluating reusability opportunities of existing shared platforms.
- Ensure alignment with Enterprise Architects and Data Architects, as well as the broader Group Operations & Technology community.
- Lead the design authority (IT Solution Architecture) and ensure adherence to standards in all work streams across the globe.
- Design scalable and reusable solutions on the Big Data Platform.
- Partner with other Solution Architects (Security, Infrastructure, Hortonworks) and collaborate with open source communities to define and implement best practices and standards for Big data solutions implementation.
- Define & document data dependencies & data flow diagrams between source systems and target outcomes (source systems, Data Lake, BI reporting etc.), and logical processes and interfaces with other systems.
- Operate and manage technical environments, version control tools and processes, automation of build/deployment processes, release management, quality control of solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will possess some of the following:
- University degree in technology or business.
- +6 years work experience in technical positions including +3 years as an Application Architect BI Space.
- Proven industry experience in Insurance or Finance is a big plus.
- English language at Business Fluent level is required.
Proven in-depth knowledge of the following functional and technical topics:
o Architecting Shared service Platform on MPP ( Netezza, Teradata) or on the Hadoop based platform
o In-Memory Distributed Data Grid, Distributed File Systems, cluster and parallel compute architectures.
o Traditional databases (IBM DB2, MS SQL, MySQL etc)
o Logical and Physical Data modelling, Data Dictionaries
o High availability and contingency solutions
o Knowledge of DQM and MDM concep
- Demonstrable knowledge of Continuous Integration/Test Driven Development and Code Analysis including its application within the software development lifecycle.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- A track record of making complex business decisions with authority, even in times of ambiguity, considering the potential long term risks and implications.
- Proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimization in mind, strong development habits, and efficient team/project structures.
- Capable of articulating complex designs, code and applications for large scale projects to a simple to understand non-technical client-facing standard
- Hadoop Distributions, preferably Hortonworks.
- Hadoop (HDFS, YARN, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Oozie, Ambari, HCatalog, Zookeeper, Mahout, Flume Kafka etc.).
- Enterprise-scale distributed NoSQL solutions including Graph, Key Value, Object, Document, XML: Couchbase, HBase, MongoDB, HBase, Riak.
- Experience with Enterprise Data Warehouses including: DB2 BLU and Netezza, ETL tools such as Informatica or Attunity.
- Operating systems: Linux.
- Self-Service Visualisation (Tableau, Spotfire).
- Experience with Languages like SQL, R ,Python, Java.
- Experience with Metadata Management platforms like IBM IGC
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Flexible, agile and adaptive to change.
- Deep commitment.
- Strong organizational and able to multi-task.
- Able to prioritize the business needs
- Forward thinking in order to determine alternatives.
If you are interested in finding out more about this exciting opportunity, please call Lynda at +49179 2448630 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call you back asap.